Your Privacy Rights
Last updated: October 25, 2016
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Services Not Directed at Children. The Website services are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Website services or send any information about yourself to us. If a parent or guardian becomes aware of his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, please contact us at: email@example.com
Information You Provide. We generally collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide. For instance, contact information, and other personal details may be collected when you: sign up for our newsletters, create an account/register on our Website, complete a survey, post a comment to an article on our Website, enter a sweepstakes or contest, or participate in our social networking features. Further, you may be asked to provide your email address, your name, buying preferences, annual income (by accepting to participate in surveys), or other demographic or profile information (by accepting to participate in surveys), Twitter or Facebook usernames or other usernames and aliases used for purposes of linking to and/or posting on your social media accounts, and other information you choose to submit. Additionally, if you elect to post material to any blogs, forums, or participate in our community boards that may be offered on our Website, then such materials will be collected and may be publicly available for others to view. Even after you terminate your account, all such materials submitted by you on the Website or our social media channels may be retained by us and we may continue to disclose such materials publicly.
Other Information We Collect. On our Website we and other parties may also collect certain information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking), such as pages visited and how often and for how long they are visited. We may use various technologies and features to collect this information, which may include personal information, such as tracking your activities through your Internet Protocol (IP) address, computer settings or most-recently visited URL, as well as through the use of “cookies” and “web beacons” and other automated technologies. You may object to the creation of usage profiles at any time.
Do Not Track. We currently do not participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your information. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our website.
Location Information. We, and enable our service providers and advertisers to, collect and share your location for personalization and marketing purposes via certain services we provide through digital applications, wireless access protocol services ("WAP Services") or mobile phone services. We, or the service provider, will obtain your prior consent to such collection to the extent required by applicable law.
General Usage Information. In addition, we may gather aggregate usage information about Website users on an anonymous basis. This information is not personally identifiable and will be used to determine how our Website is being used. Examples of such information include: How much time do users spend on our site? What pages do they view? What sites did they come from? What sites do they go to? All of this information is collected to help us create a better, faster, more efficient website and to provide you with better content. We may also share aggregate usage information, in aggregate anonymous form, with our prospective and actual business partners, advertisers and other third parties for any business purpose.
Collection and Use Across Devices. We (or service providers we use or advertisers) may employ information collected through the Website (such as IP addresses, geolocation, cookie-related data, and other information described above), aggregated with information collected from various unaffiliated websites, or mobile applications, and various devices or browsers, in order to provide content and advertisements about goods and services of interest to you across those devices and browsers. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices with respect to it, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Other consumer choice tools are provided through the Ghostery Global opt-out program (available at https://www.ghostery.com/support/global-opt-out/), through which you may download the Ghostery Ad Control application and enable information “opt outs” for mobile applications.
Use of Information
We typically use your information:
- subject to your marketing preferences, to provide you with newsletters and additional information regarding products and services from DESIGNERLEBRITY or from others that may be of interest to you;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information; for example, if you enter a contest or sweepstakes, we may use your email to notify that you won;
- to notify you, at our discretion, about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- subject to any legally required consent, to gain insights that help us to make improvements to the design and performance of the Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent or as permitted by law. We may disclose your personal information, including content or other data posted, uploaded or provided by you, if, among other things, we are required to do so by law or in the following situations and for the following purposes:
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties;
- to respond to your requests for customer service;
- to protect our rights, property or personal safety, or the rights, property or personal safety of our users or the public;
- subject to your marketing preferences, if the entity to which your information is disclosed is a third party who wants to promote goods and services that we believe would be of interest to you;
- subject to your marketing preferences, if the entity to which your information is disclosed is our subsidiary, affiliate or parent company;
- when we utilize third party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf (such as sending emails or fulfilling subscriptions), these service providers are directed to use your information to carry out the purpose(s) for which we hired them, but not for any other purposes;
- otherwise with your consent or in accordance with your indicated preferences (e.g., you indicated you wanted to receive promotional materials directly from a third party partner); or
- in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange, or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of all or a portion of the business conducted by the Website to which this policy applies, in which case the acquiring company will possess the information collected by us.
Your California Privacy Rights: Notice to California Customers. Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal information that we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe. You can unsubscribe from receiving DESIGNERLEBRITY newsletters or commercial emails at any time. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of any DESIGNERLEBRITY email and following the instructions
Third-Party Email Promotions. Subject to your marketing preferences, occasionally, you may receive from us emails that may contain advertising or other content that was sponsored by third party retailers or businesses. These emails are not necessarily reflective of the opinions of our editorial staff. They are content paid for by our sponsors, and allow us to provide you with the free content we believe you will enjoy.
Links to Other Sites. As a curator of information, DESIGNERLEBRITY often provides links to other sites. We are not responsible for any content that appears on these sites, nor do we endorse them. Third parties may display advertisements on the Service and on such web sites. These advertisements may contain cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies. These third parties may collect information or insert cookies or similar technologies without our knowledge. For questions about these sites, please consult their individual privacy policies. DESIGNERLEBRITY is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party.
We only retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. When we no longer are required to retain the information, we will destroy, erase, or de-identify the information unless otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.